Monday, November 2, 2015

The Running Streak - Day 1

“Discontent is the first necessity of progress.” - Thomas Edison

I need to get out of a funk, and I think the only way to do it is to do something a little wacky (for me, at least).  I finally laced up the shoes after 3-month layoff that was due to nothing other than busyness, laziness and fear.  I am going to call my shot, point my bat to center field, [insert your favourite sports metaphor here], etc.  Today is day 1 of a running streak.  My goal is to run at least 20 minutes every day until January 1, 2016.

Today's run went great.  I didn't set any land speed records, but I made it to the end without walking.  The weather was beautiful (10C and mostly sunny), which is very uncharacteristic for early November in Ottawa.  The forecast for the rest of the week looks great, too, and I have no meetings that book-end the lunch hour; therefore, I have no excuses.  One in a row.  Look at me go...

No comments:

Post a Comment