Saturday, November 7, 2015

Running Streak - Day 6

It was a pretty big day activity-wise.  I ran for around 25 minutes early this morning and then did an hour of hot yoga at Moksha Yoga.  (Moksha is an awesome flavour of yoga and the studio in Orleans is outstanding.)  Amidst a bunch of errands between yoga and supper, I played tennis for around 45 minutes.  To be honest, I have found that getting runs in during the week is much easier than getting them in on weekends.  I know that if I didn't get it in early, the streak would have ended.  I'm quite sure of that.

As for the run this morning, it went pretty well.  I am feeling pretty tired now.  Going for months of nothing to steady exercise takes some acclimatization.  I intended to head out for 20 minutes (10 out and 10 back), but I found that as I got close to 10 minutes, I started negotiating with myself.    "You're really close to that tree, turn around at the tree.  That tree came up faster than expected.  How about the next tree?"  Then it was, "You're so close to 2km, why not turn around then."  Once I got to 2km, I said, "You're nearly at 12:00, why not stretch it out to 25:00 and turn around at 12:30."  I know that we're not talking about huge distances here, but I think the important thing is that I'm moving from forcing myself out there to starting to find running fun again.  I will take that as a good sign.  See you tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment