Thursday, November 26, 2015

Running Streak - Day 25

The weather was unseasonably warm today.  I think it was 10C at noon with only a slight wind.  There was some light rain, but I'm not complaining.  November has been fantastic.  I was out in a long sleeve tech shirt and shorts.  I was going to try my new Bluetooth ear buds, but the battery died just after I hit the start button on the Tomtom.  No Zombies, Run! for me today.  Mission #5 will have to wait for another day.

The run itself felt really smooth.  I didn't feel like I was running especially fast, but when I checked my run data on Strava, it looks like I ran much faster today than what I have been averaging over the past couple of weeks.  Today my average pace was 5:31/km; yesterday was 6:17/km.  That being said, my GPS was way off at the beginning and readings from my HRM were erratic throughout the entire run.  (I think my chest strap is due for a wash.)  In my mind the data is very suspect, but I still think I was faster.

I need to catch myself here. I have seen improvements in my gait, pace and weight, but I can't let myself get caught up in this and start pushing harder.  I have been prone to do this in the past.  If my primary objective is consistency and completing this streak, I need to run in such a way that I complete the streak, i.e. not get burned out or injured.  This is a prime opportunity to set a good base.  Speed and endurance can come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment