Thursday, November 19, 2015

Running Streak - Day 18

It was a bit rainy today, but is was really warm (15C), so I didn't care.  I was back to shorts and short sleeve T-shirt, a la Week 1 where the temperatures were also in double digits.  I think this is the end, though.  The forecast is calling for snow on the weekend.  Keeping the streak going when it takes seconds to get dressed is one thing.  Running when getting into and out of multiple layers of clothing takes almost as long as the run itself is quite another.

I ran the same route as yesterday, but marginally slower.  When I woke up this morning, I was stiff from yesterday's run-yoga double and had a sore throat.  Not good signs.  I was concerned that the run would not go well, but there was no quit in me today, which is a little weird because I can talk myself out of pretty much anything.  I think this streak is helping with both the physical and mental sides of my game.  The latter has always given me trouble.

As I approach Day 21, I'm thinking back to Day 5 where I quoted whoever it was that said it that it takes 21 days to create a habit.  Running is starting to feel, well, habitual, and that's a good thing.  I think I'm almost at the point where I think I would feel like my day is missing something if I didn't get out.  I can't say that I've seen very many physical changes, but I know that I'm feeling better and the running itself is feeling smoother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment