Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Running Streak - Day 23

The game is changing.  This is what greeted everyone this morning. 

Snow on the ground

The forecast tells me it will not last beyond the next day, but it is a warning of what lies ahead.  Even with this stuff on the ground, I got outside for a run...

The footing was terrific.  For 95% of the run, the route was clear.  The paths and sidewalks were salted.  The only trouble spots were some isolated patches of snow/slush/ice along the river on the Quebec side and on the grass next to the locks beside the Chateau Laurier.  The forecast says 5C for tomorrow and 12C on Friday.  This snow is toast.

At -8C with the wind chill, I elected for pants, a thermal base layer shirt, long sleeve tech shirt and a light jacket.  I also wore my Mizuno Breath Thermal gloves and a Gore Tex ball cap.  It was a perfect get-up for the conditions.  I was a little hesitant to wear the Adizero Mana's because they have almost no tread, but it turns out I didn't need much traction.  I clipped along at a pretty good pace throughout. I didn't feel fatigued or sluggish.  I think the consistency is really helping bring me back into running form, and restricting runs to 20-35 minutes is keeping me in a good place physically and free from injury.

No comments:

Post a Comment