Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Running Streak - Day 2

Day Two is in the bag and it was a great day - sunny and around 17C, shorts and t-shirt weather.  I will take a whole Winter of this.  I was a little stiff at the start, but it disappeared quickly.  I also did a weight check this morning: 180lbs.  Let's see where I end up on News Years Day.  A lunch run is out of the question tomorrow and I'm not sure when I can fit one in.  It may be an early morning.

By the way, I did a bit of research into the ground rules of running streaks.  There are a few significant organisations that track this stuff.  The one criteria that appears to be common to all is that the run has to be a minimum of one mile in length.  According to the United States Running Streak Association, it must be "at least one mile (1.61 kilometers) within each calendar day. Running may occur on either the roads, a track, over hill and dale, or on a treadmill"  I can live with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment