Sunday, December 20, 2015

Running Streak - Days 47 and 48

Day 48

This morning I woke to sunshine and a dusting of snow on the ground, but slept in later than expected and couldn't get a run in.  Although I really wanted to get out, it just wasn't working for me.  I had a long run of 80 minutes in the schedule.  Hopefully I can get it in tomorrow.

I needed to get the last of my Christmas shopping done and over the course of the day Misfit recorded over 10,000 steps of just walking, most of it in stores and malls.  At 11:30PM, I finally had time to run and selected a 30 minute pre-set workout on the treadmill:  8% grade and a maximum pace of 7:24 min/mile.  In stark contrast to last night, the run felt terrific. I was able to read my Kobo, except for the three sections at top speed in the middle of the session.  Wiping out would have wrecked a great day.

Day 47

All day I felt very tired and not so great.  There was a holiday lunch at work and the food was great, but I think it was loaded with sodium.  Despite drinking over a liter of water when I got home, I was feeling bloated and stagnant by the end of the day.  As I was running, I noticed that my feet were swelling.

The run itself was meh.   I did the easier 20 minute pre-set just to get the workout in and not be totally revved up while trying to get to sleep.  It worked and I fell asleep rather quickly after reading for 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment