Thursday, December 17, 2015

Running Streak - Day 46

I knew from the get-go that I would be on the treadmill in the evening, but I didn't think it would be after 10:00PM.  I had a lunch planned with some former colleagues at a Chinese buffet that we always have eaten at.  The company today was terrific, but the food was lousy and I felt horrible all afternoon.  I still haven't eaten.  I'm not sure if it was the quantity, the volume or both.  I have been eating better since the streak began and as of this morning, I was down to 175 lbs.  I don't think my body can't handle eating crappy food like that anymore.

The run tonight was good. I selected another 20min pre-set workout where the elevation rose to 10% and the top speed was 6:30 min/mi (yes, no metric on the treadmill.)  It was more challenging than the other one I have been using.  Normally, I can still read my Kobo while running, but I couldn't do so once the pace went above 7:30 min/mi.  Trying to continue to read would have resulted in a wipe-out of spectacular proportions and everyone was already in bed.  It would be awful for everyone.

The good news is that I got accurate HR readings - no spikes.  I need to get to the bottom of this.  I'm sure it's not the running clothes or a defective chest strap.  There would be more sources of interference inside the house than outside.  I'm wondering if it is the degree of contact between my skin and the strap when the temperature drops.  I have been going light with layers to get myself to acclimatize to the cold temperatures, when they eventually come.  Maybe I should try over-dressing to see if being warmer helps maintain better contact.

No comments:

Post a Comment