Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Running Streak - Day 45

It was another terrific run today, and looking back, I don't see too many days where I had a bad one.  I recall really struggling physically and mentally at the beginning of the streak.  I was disappointed at how much I had let myself go and how I was having to re-start after a prolonged yet again.  I don't think like that anymore.  I realize that it has been only six weeks, but now running does not feel like a chore.  I actually feel like I am training again, not just trying to find my feet.  The really curious thing (for me) is that I'm not focused on a particular event.  I am simply running to, yes, keep the streak going, but mainly because it is making me feel good.

Wednesday is intervals day and this week the plan called for adding another rep to the workout I have going through for the past few weeks.  Today was a 10 minute warm up and cool down with 6 x 2:00 on/1:00 off in between.  Again my pace for all of the work segments was very consistent.  The one thing I noticed is that I start each interval hard and then steadily slow down.  (See the graph below.)  My HR is steady, but my pace drops off .  I need to work on ramping up and then maintaining the pace more evenly.   



December 15, 2105 Interval Session

It was definitely colder today (1C with a "feels like" of -2C), but the wind was much calmer.  I covered up with my Dart pants, Sugoi vest and gloves, but no hat.  I really need to find my toque; it would have come in handy.  I have two of them, but they must be mixed in with other clothing at home somewhere.  If there was any precipitation today, it definitely would have been snowing and I need to start being prepared for the eventuality of snowfall.  Ottawa is being spoiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment