Monday, December 7, 2015

Running Streak - Day 36

Work was busy today and I had spontaneous 90 minute meeting that went straight through lunch.  I had put my stuff in one of the day lockers early in the morning.  As noon was approaching, I had a check in my spirit that I should abandon an e-mail I was writing and drop into my colleagues office instead to see him in person.  It was definitely the right call.  As such, I knew that without a run at lunch, I would be on the treadmill tonight.  The positive side is that it was not as late as runs have been in the past couple of weeks, and I will get a decent night's sleep.

Because it was a little earlier, I selected a 30 minute pre-set workout that was a little faster and a little hillier than the other one I had been using.  I completed Mission 6 of Zombies, Run! and figured out a little trick for doing these missions on the treadmill: select the duration for the workout in my head or on the treadmill and then adjust the length of the mission to one minute less than the workout.  This gives me enough time to start the treadmill, start the watch and then start the mission and have it all come out of the oven at the same time.

In the topic of the watch, my Tomtom HR chest strap is giving me fits.  I did everything I recommended in my other post, with one exception: I did not moisten (i.e. lick) the contacts or use electrode gel.  I had hand-washed it thoroughly early this morning and let it hang to dry, and it is still is producing high readings at the beginning of the run.  I will wash it again right after I publish this and try it with electrode gel tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment