Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Run Ottawa Running Streak - Day 12

Normally I would not characterize running on the treadmill as wimping out, but today I definitely wimped out.  I knew yesterday that today would be packed and that I would need to run before work in order to get it in.  I checked the forecast and laid out all of my clothes and lights/reflectors.  I was ready for anything nature would throw at me when I headed out before 6:00AM.  When I got up this morning and saw the pile of stuff that I had to put on, I just said, 'No. I'm not going to do it."  Shorts and a t-shirt in a warm basement was all I was mentally prepared to do, so that's what I did.

I only had a 30 minute window; hence, I chose my usual 30 minute pre-set workout.  Today, for a bit of a change, I really focused on posture and turning my legs over more quickly.  I think that, by watching video on my tablet when using the treadmill, I have been running with my head down and a little hunched over.  Today I went for the latest Criminal podcast and focused my gaze on a spot on the wall.  Time passed more slowly than when watching a video, but it seemed to help fitness-wise.

The big problem is that the treadmill suddenly powered off during the run at around the 23 minute mark.  I have no explanation why it did that.  I know that it powers off once it reaches 100 minutes, but it shouldn't do it at 23 minutes.  It powered on again when I removed the safety key and re-inserted it, but I didn't feel like continuing.  I have been thinking that it's time to lubricate the deck, although I doubt that's the source of the problem.  I do not want to be in a position where I have to replace the treadmill.  I will keep an eye on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment